- Assessing the extent of the release and affected areas;
- Determining and delegating response actions;
- Performing field screening and environmental sampling;
- Selecting and submitting samples to be laboratory analyzed;
- Performing a risk characterization;
- Preparing the Permanent Solution closure report and associated documents to be submitted to the MassDEP.
All CSE personnel are 40-Hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certified. CSE completes a broad range of response actions required for both simple and complex OHM releases with a cost-effective and innovative approach to remediation in accordance with current and potential future site uses. A list of MassDEP recognized OHM can be found on our ‘Resources’ page.